Do you feel gym-ready?
October is upon us, and with it comes the celebration of National Physical Therapy Month!
Has it been weeks since you said you were going to head back to the gym? Do
There is no better time to get gym-ready!
Physical therapy plays in improving health, mobility, and quality of life.
With the right guidance and motivation, anyone can tap into the transformative power of physical therapy.
In honor of National Physical Therapy Month, let’s explore three essential exercises to help you take that confident step into the gym!
Why Physical Therapy is Crucial Before Hitting the Gym
Before diving into the exercises, it’s crucial to understand the value of preparing your body with the guidance of physical therapy.
- Personalized Assessment: Firstly, every individual has a unique body structure, strength level, and range of motion. Physical therapists can offer tailored advice, ensuring that you engage in exercises that are beneficial and safe for your specific needs.
- Foundation Building: A solid foundation is vital for any fitness journey. Physical therapists help in strengthening core muscles and improving posture, ensuring that when you hit the gym, your body is ready to take on more intense workouts without the risk of injury.
- Flexibility and Mobility: These are often overlooked but are critical for efficient movement and preventing injuries. Physical therapists can guide you on how to improve your flexibility and mobility, ensuring that your joints and muscles are limber and ready for action.
Essential Exercises to Get Gym-Ready
First, the plank is often named as a cornerstone exercise, and for good reason.
This move engages a myriad of muscle groups, with a particular emphasis on the core.
By practicing the plank, you’re fortifying your abdominal muscles, back, shoulders, and even your legs.
This not only provides a strong foundation for your body but also prepares you for more complex gym exercises.
Start on all fours, tuck in your toes, and lift your body so that you’re supported by your forearms and toes.
Ensure your body forms a straight line from head to heels.
Engage your core and hold for as long as you can, gradually increasing your time.
Secondly, when it comes to optimizing lower body strength, lunges stand out as an essential exercise.
They primarily target the quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
Beyond muscle strength, lunges enhance your balance and stability, making them invaluable, especially as preparation for intensive leg workouts at the gym
Stand tall, take a step forward with one leg, and lower your body until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle.
Push through your front heel to return to the starting position.
Repeat on the other leg.
Band Pull Aparts
Third, the relaxed nature of modern lifestyles, especially desk jobs, has led to a prevalent forward hunch in many individuals.
Band pull-aparts serve as an effective countermeasure by targeting the muscles of the upper back, vital for maintaining an upright posture.
Hold a resistance band with both hands in front of you, arms extended.
Keeping your arms straight, pull the band apart by moving your arms out to the side.
Slowly return to the starting position
Ready To Revolutionize Your Fitness Journey? Get Gym Ready.
Feeling overwhelmed by the journey to becoming gym-ready? You’re not alone.
Many individuals we’ve worked with felt the same initial anxiety, wondering if they can truly achieve their fitness goals.
However, with our guidance, they’ve witnessed remarkable progress and transformation.
In honor of National Physical Therapy Month, we’re gifting you a Free Wellness Assessment! Visit us, chat with our fitness and physical therapy experts, and receive personalized advice to ensure you hit the gym with confidence and safety.
Not quite ready to see us in person? We’d still like to help you. You can schedule your Free Telephone Consultation today!
In this session, you’ll be gifted the opportunity to share your story, and we will offer proven personalized advice to target your needs.
There’s a reason we’ve been voted the #1 choice for physical therapy in ALL of Siouxland – 2 years in a row!
To schedule your Free Wellness Assessment you can fill in our simple web form, or if you prefer to talk over the telephone you can call us at (712) 560-0460 and we’ll be happy to arrange your session.
See you in the gym.
Other Free Resources To Get You Gym Ready
Read Our Blog – 5 Things That Won’t Help Your Back Pain
Read Our Blog – Why Your Exercises Aren’t Solving Your Ankle Pain
Follow Us On Social Media – Impact Physical Therapy and Wellness
Proudly voted #1 for Physical Therapy at the Siouxland’s Choice Awards (2022) and proud Physical Therapy and Recovery Session provider to the Sioux City Bandits.
- 12 Days of Fitness: Holiday-Inspired Workouts to Keep You Activ - November 29, 2023
- How To Not Gain Weight On Thanksgiving? 3 Key Exercises - November 21, 2023
- Does Physical Therapy Help Arthritis? 5 Ways It Does - October 30, 2023