Common Neck/Shoulder Conditions Treated Here:
Here is a list of some of the frequently treated neck and shoulder conditions that we see in our clinic:
- Herniated Disc
- Post-Spinal Fusion
- Sports-related Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Tear/Repair
- Sports Rehab
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Labral Tears/Repairs
When it comes to living with Neck and Shoulder Pain, there are usually a few things that everybody we see wants to know:
“Why is this happening to me?”...
“What is going on?..” and
“Why am I still suffering with neck and shoulder pain after putting up with it for 6 months (Maybe more)?”...
Most people think that when they get Neck or Shoulder Pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That it’s just some tightness or a crick in neck that’ll work it’s way out like and “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on. Take it one step further, now it’s created daily headaches or now you have trouble looking over your shoulder while driving your car.
Does that sound like you?
Another scenario we frequently see in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to the doctor, and the well-meaning doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
The thing is, 6 weeks later you end up going back to the doctor again because your pain hasn’t improved or has worsened, however this time around you’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills.
Has That Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a neck problem - but it’s actually your shoulder where the problem is? Or, maybe it’s the other way around?? It can be a very confusing part of the body to work out where the problem is, and this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Neck and Shoulder pain. Worse, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel?
If you’re currently living with neck and or shoulder pain, here’s 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should:
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
- 2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help, and as soon as they wore off Neck and Shoulder Pain struck again
- 3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Neck and Shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- 4. Past help from Healthcare Professionals didn’t work
- 5. Tried using things like heat pads or TENS but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck or Shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily
- 7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you, we would love to help you and invite you to book a call to speak with one of our Physical Therapists at our clinic to find out what can be done to help you.
And now some good news for you…
If you have tried any or all of the above things already, it is actually a GOOD THING. It’s good because when we are able to determine what doesn’t or hasn’t worked - we are that much closer to helping you find the thing that does!
Click the link below to schedule a phone call with us for some helpful advice for your problem. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal simply is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for your health.
The next thing people ask us all the time is this:
“What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- 1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
- 2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressive exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.s of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- 3. Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions - ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- 4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact, at Impact Physical Therapy and Wellness it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at Impact Physical Therapy and Wellness can help you live with less neck or shoulder pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at our clinic in the Morningside area of Sioux City.
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist At Impact Physical Therapy and Wellness Help You Get Rid Of Your Neck And/Or Shoulder Pain?”
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder or neck pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- Impact Wellness and Physical Therapy can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck or shoulder surgery - and painful injections
- Impact Wellness and Physical Therapy can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has taken from you...
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at Impact Physical Therapy and Wellness can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic neck and shoulder pain
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have, then please just click the button below and complete the short form: